This is the first part of a series of episodes where we’ll explore an end-to-end product development effort at Autobooks. At Autobooks we’re working hard to discover and build solutions for the struggles that small business owners face as they try to get paid, send invoices, and keep track of everything. You’ll follow the team as we discuss:
- Framing the project and deciding where to start.
- Talking with consumers about why they switched and their satisfaction.
- Unpacking the raw Jobs-to-be-Done interviews into an insight and high-level concept of what we might build.
- Shaping that concept into a story that we could socialize inside Autobooks and pressure-test with our payments and accounting subject matter experts.
- Developing and iterating on the concept.
- Shipping the new feature.
- Promoting it with effective copy and content.
In part one Claire Suellentrop and I discuss framing the project, interviewing consumers, unpacking the insights, and deciding what to build.
Don’t forget to tune into the next episode! Claire will talk about how she used Jobs-to-be-Done insights to generate compelling copy and content to drive adoption of the new feature.